Our laboratory is equipped with FIB-SEM system Thermo Scientific Scios 2 DualBeam. Microscope combines scanning electron microscopy (SEM) with focused ion beam (FIB). The device consists of an electron column with Schottky emission gun, a Ga+ ion column, the nanomanipulator, GIS and EDS detector. System is built for high resolution material analysis, including magnetic and nonconductive samples.
Main capabilities of the system are: image analysis (SEM) by using different electron detectors, EDS – energy disperse spectroscopy for material analysis and TEM sample preparation.
- Everhart-Thornley secondary electron in chamber detector (ETD)
- In-column and in-lens detectors (T1 segmented lower detector, T2 upper detector)
- Low-vacuum electron detector
- Retractable low-voltage segmented backscattered electron detector (DBS)
- Retractable STEM detector
Stage and sample>
- XY range: 110 mm
- Z range: 65 mm
- Rotation: 360°
- Tilt range: -15° to +90°
- Max sample height: Clearance 85 mm
- Max sample size: 110 mm